Land Rover Owner magazine on iPad/iPhone
FAQs and App Support
This below information deals with problems you may encounter with our Apple Newsstand edition.
If we can’t help you here, please email us at the address at the bottom of the page and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
When will my subscription start?
As soon as your subscription has been confirmed, you should be able to access the current issue on sale. From that point forward, you'll receive the relevant number of future issues within your subscription category. Please note that you won't be able to access any back issues on the newsstand as part of your subscription, though you will be able to purchase them individually, if you wish to do so, if they are available to be purchased.
How can I manage my Apple Newsstand subscription?
You can manage your Newsstand subscription here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4098 - it's Apple's troubleshooting page and has the answers to the queries we receive most often from readers. If you want to change the settings on your subscription, or cancel an auto-renew payment, advice on how to do it can be found there.
I want to cancel an auto-renew payment - how do I do it?
Again, you can do that through subscription management here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4098.
How do I get a refund in the event of a billing problem?
All transactions made on Apple Newsstand or iTunes are handled by Apple. Because Apple is a third-party company, Bauer Media cannot refund or check any personal subscription / single issue purchase details made on the Apple Newsstand or iTunes.
We hope that this won't happen, but should you be experiencing billing problems from Apple, or if you wish to claim a refund, Bauer will unfortunately be unable to help you. We therefore advise you get in touch with Apple directly. Here are some useful links that might help:
- To manage your subscriptions, visit http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4098
- For generic Apple support, and to see a list of query categories, see http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ - including help from software downloads through to installation, purchasing, accounts and billing
- If you wish to get in contact with Apple directly, visit http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ where you'll be able to get support via email for any questions relating to purchase, billing, cards, codes and related topics
I am a print subscriber and want to access digital editions as part of that subscription: can I?
We are working on the facility to offer our LRO print subscribers access to digital editions on the iPad for a small premium payment. When we're able to offer this, we'll let you know both here and on our subscriptions website, http://www.greatmagazines.co.uk/
My issue won't download: what am I doing wrong?
Below are some tips for download related difficulties:
- Always have sufficient storage space on your device for the download you're about to attempt
- Always use WiFi - not 3G - and check the connection is good. Don't attempt downloads over the 3G phone network, as it probably won't work and you run the risk of an enormous mobile phone bill!
- Don't try to download more than one magazine at any one time and don't close an app during download, as this will stop it completing
My magazine download has stuck… what should I do?
Again, check that your WiFi connection is decent. If it is, and you have a download that's stuck and won't start up again, try the following solutions - in order:
- Kill the app by double tapping the 'Home' button on your device. Then hold your finger on the app icon until it begins to shake. Tap it again, then restart it. If this doesn't work, move onto the next option...
- Restart the device with a full power-off, then start the download again
- If this doesn't work, uninstall the app. You do this by holding your finger down on the app icon. It will shake: tap it again and it will be deleted - then re-load it (see next step)
- To re-download, press the 'buy' button on the app and enter your iTunes password again. This message from Apple should appear: "You've already purchased this. Tap OK to download again for free." Don't worry, if you have already bought the app through your iTunes account, you won't be charged again.
An issue of my magazine has disappeared from Newsstand: what has gone wrong?
Have you recently performed a software upgrade/restore of your device? If so, it's likely that the issues have been taken down by iTunes.
Also, check your storage space - if you don't have enough space left, issues will be removed without notification to you, which is a feature of iOS devices. But don't worry! You can get them back.
To re-download issues you have already bought, press the 'Buy' button and enter your iTunes password. You should get this message from Apple: "You've already purchased this. Tap OK to download again for free."
Depending on the iOS device you have, you might have to reboot the device itself completely, for the above solutions to work.
The app crashes - what should I do?
It is possible, though unlikely, that your app may crash following download. If it does, try these following steps to resolve:
- Double tap the Home button then tap and hold on the app. It will shake. Then tap it again and restart. If that doesn't work...
- ...it could be because you have too many other apps running simultaneously. Kill them all and try again.
- If that doesn't work, uninstall the app, download it again from Newsstand, and try again. You'll be asked for your iTunes password, upon which time you should be told, "You've already purchased this. Tap OK to download again for free".
If the above does not solve your problem, please contact Bauer with as much description as you can about the crash. We will then investigate for you. You can do that at the email address given at the bottom of this page Please mention the magazine you're having problems with, the issue number, and a description of how/when the crash occurs. Does it happen all the time, or infrequently? What device are you using - and what version of iOS are you on? This information may well help us ascertain what the problem might be.
The print magazine has a cover-mounted gift on it - do I get the same if I buy that edition on the Apple Newsstand?
Any kind of physical gift attached to the front cover of a print magazine cannot be offered to purchasers of that same issue on the Apple Newsstand.
If you're still having problems and none of the above answers helps, then we have a dedicated email address which you can use. Get in touch with: firstname.lastname@example.org
Someone should be back in touch with you within 48 hours. Please state the issue you're trying to download and what the problem is, specifically mentioning the device you're using (iPad 1, 2, 3 etc) and the version of iOS you've got installed.