‘Club Hero’ is a bi-monthly feature in our Club Zone pages; here we encourage clubs to write to us about someone special amongst their membership. Not necessarily an acclaimed committee member but someone who shines out deserving recognition.
Different clubs have taken different approaches to nominating their ‘hero’ some leave it up to the committee, others have allowed members to vote on who deserves this accolade. Either way it is great if the hero does not know until LRO pops through the door. Shortly after that the club will be e-mailed a copy of the hero’s page and a certificate of merit to present to the hero to keep for posterity.
How do you get your hero in the mag?
It is dead simple, contact firstname.lastname@example.org , he will want about 300 to 400 words about your hero, a mug shot, and a few good photos of them doing their thing with Land Rovers.
So what makes a member a hero?
The reasons are as diverse as your club and your members, nominations have been for:
- Long and exemplary service to the club.
- The person who has avoided committee roles but is always the first to step forward to help.
- The guy or girl who can be relied to step in at the last minute to set out a trial.
- The individual who quietly beavers away in the dining room keeping up with paperwork.
- The one who gives up hours each month to put a club magazine together.
- Or anything else you feel a member is worthy of recognition for.
Please don’t be put off by thinking that you can only have one, you can always come back again next year.