The format will be similar to the Mac 4x4 challenge where competitors will not know precisely where they are going until they receive instructions at the start line.
The winning team gets to choose which charity the funds raised go to, so a great opportunity to boost your funds if you are planning to compete in the H4H European Rally, Mac 4x4 or any other charity event be it on four wheels or two legs.
If you are keen to get involved contact the club ASAP at www.staffs4x4.co.uk as entries close on 18th October.
The basic key information
1. Strictly limited to a maximum 12 teams of 4x4 vehicles and is a non-competitive, fun navigational event suitable for all types of 4x4 taking part on mostly tarmac roads, green lanes and a little bit of water too!
2. Each team will consist of a least two individuals (all occupants must be wearing seat belts).
3. The event will be posted and "open" for entrants from today. In the event of all places being taken, a reserve list will be opened. Last day for entrants is 18 October 2014.
4. Entry fee - suggested min donation of 25 pounds - 100% of which will go to the nominated charity of the highest scoring team(you can of course donate a little more if you wish)
5. Please ensure you have a mobile phone with you to assist with control points.
6. All maps will be provided. But please bring a road atlas or Sat Nav with you.
7. Usual Terms & Conditions for such events apply (disclaimer)
8. Entrants will be given a set of clues / questions to answer in the style of the original MAC event - this is optional, but it's better to join in the fun if you can. This is not a race or competition.
9. Sat nav / Memory Map / GPS / etc. are allowed ...... might be useful if you get lost and have to phone up the "hotline" for a postcode to next control point.
10. Event will take place "in the midlands" approx. timings for the event are below.
Start time: 09:15 Buxton
End time: 16:30-17:00 Cannock Chase