We take it for granted that the Discovery Sport holds a collection of advanced technologies designed to enhance comfort, convenience and safety, but do we really appreciate just how cool these goodies are? To help the masses fully grasp the glories hidden under the new model's skin, Land Rover has shone the spotlight onto some of the Discovery Sport's tremendous techie kit.
1. First off is the ‘Sun Load Sensor’, located on the dashboard, it measures the strength of the suns rays every 200 milliseconds, adjusting the air conditioning to counteract any rise in temperature.
2. Next we have an air quality sensor, monitoring humidity and levels of pollution. If pollution reaches a set level, the climate control kicks in and re-circulates clean air - ensuring a clean atmosphere within the vehicle.
3. Monitoring the way ahead is the Stereo Camera, mounted alongside the rear view mirror. It scans the road ahead for potential obstructions. The 3D imaging camera covers a 50-degree field of horizontal vision with a 50-meter range.
4. The Discovery Sport also features High Beam Assist, the stereo camera automatically activating dipped beam to avoid dazzling approaching drivers.
5. Finally, Active Driveline improves vehicle efficiency allowing a switch from two-wheel-drive to four-wheel-drive when it detects any loss of traction, or accelerating hard on a wet or loose surface.
What do you think of these Gizmos? Or are you not a technology fan? Let us know!