The December issue of LRO is on sale now!
One of the most common questions asked when someone buys themselves a Land Rover Defender is: ‘What’s the biggest engine I can fit?’ Well, size isn’t everything, but how about a 5.9-litre Cummins engine. Actually, how about tuning that engine into a snorting lump spitting out 440bhp and almost 1000lb ft of torque? That’s what Andy Griffiths has under the bonnet of his Defender, read all about it.
On top of that we have: something old – a stunning Tickford Series I rebuild; something new – Range Rover Velar tested; something out-sourced – G-WAC pre-production Discovery rebuild; and something blue – a class-winning challenge truck.
We’re greenlaning through north Lincolnshire along Ermine Street, Sam Watson has a nightmare of an adventure in the world’s biggest sand dune field, and we have a bumper gear review featuring a massive 73 must-have products.
On top of that, we have:
- Series III nicknamed ‘Plant Pot’
- 2018MY hybrid Range Rovers
- 10 things you need to know about 4x4 Navigation events
- Kitting out a greenlaner
- How to replace P38 suspension
- 14 of your workshop problems solved
- Changing a Discovery 2 automatic gearbox
- Fitting Mud UK side panels to a Defender Utility
- Blanking a TDV8 EGR valve
- 50 of your best pics
- Action from the Major’s Trial
- Land Rover Experience Classic Drive
- Super low-mileage P38
- Discovery 3: wise buy, or nightmare?
And much more!