Can you customise the new Defender? It’s been around for two years now, so what kit is available, and what different interpretations are new owners coming up with? Our April issue tackles this emerging topic.
This month, the LRO Adventure Trail (our 3800-mile, multi-stage greenlane adventure around the whole of the UK) features the Scottish Borders, where Neil Watterson discovers beautiful hills, historic buildings, and refreshingly quiet roads.
And we’ve a desert rally double-whammy: Helen Tait Wright tells the bittersweet story of her bid for success in the Rallye Aicha des Gazelles in the Sahara, and we hear from Land Rover drivers at this year’s Dakar Rally.
Also in the April 2022 issue of Land Rover Owner magazine…
• Td5-powered Series III coiler? Yup! Get under the skin of this awesome hybrid
• Dynamat installation – we should how a complete acoustic mat system was fitted to our 90
• World of Land Rovers – your photos from around the world
• Club news, and Land Rover events for your diary
• Upcoming adventures in the UK and overseas with the LRO Adventure Club
• How to change a wheel safely: our essential guide
• Loads of new Land Rover products on the market, including L663 Challenge wheels
• Columns from writers Vicky Turner, Sam Watson, Mike Gould and workshop editor Martin Domoney
• How to fit an adjustable steering damper
• Product reviews: camping cooking stuff, seat covers and more…
• Beautifully rebuilt 300Tdi Ninety, rescued from the Falklands
• Reader’s tales of off-roading with a lovely Series II 88in CSW, living with a Disco 4, and lengthy ownership of a ‘lights-behind-the-grille’ Series I
• Readers’ letters – from winter readiness to electrifying classics
• James Taylor considers rare fire tenders and Tokyo-badged Series Is, in Roverphile
• Our tinkering tales: undersealing a Defender, Freelander 2 parking sensor trouble, P38 coolant going pop and Disco 1 overland prep
• Fitting a new canvas soft-top to a Series – all you need to know
• Up-to-date valuations of hundreds of models, in the LRO Price Guide
• Neil talks cheap alternators and Td4 Freelander rally prep, in Watty’s World
… and loads more!