The star of our latest cover is a stunning Discovery, a ‘no expense spared’ rebuild by its owner Richard Canterbury, whose objective was to create the ultimate Disco 2. The result is right up there with the best examples in the UK. Editor Neil has been to hear from the man himself.
This issue we also kick off a new series, the Perfect £250 Land Rover Weekend, all about squeezing maximum enjoyment from two days and 250 quid. First up, Neil and Martin take the Freelander 1 for a track day at Castle Comb.
Also in the January 2022 issue of Land Rover Owner magazine…
• The LRO 300: how well does the current Range Rover Velar D300 R-Dynamic S cope with our Real World Test?
• Greenlaning in winter – our potted guide to where you can go, and how to prepare
• World of Land Rovers photo competition, with your pics from around the globe!
• Land Rover news, including an ocean-going Defender and JLR’s payout to Tesla
• Huge Camel Trophy reunion and book launch event report
• How the home mechanic can service an SD4 Ingenium engined Discovery 5
• Recent club happenings, and upcoming dates for your diary
• Big adventure – the first crossing of Australia’s Simpson Desert in an L633 Defender
• Four pages of brand new products to help you get the most out of Land Rover life
• Product reviews by the LRO team, from brake cleaner to a camping mattress
• Columns from writers Peter Galilee, Sam Watson and Jerry Thurston
• Defender 110 heavy duty axle component installation, plus steering shimmy investigation
• Restoration story about a magnificent ex-Navy Series I 107in Station Wagon
• Eastnor Edition Defender – a rare French 90, preserved for future generations
• Readers’ Land Rovers: Series I Regular, 110 Station Wagon overlander, and a modified Disco 3
• Your letters in our mailbag (well, emails in our mailbox mostly)
• Tales of our Land Rovers: Martin’s Series III, John's 110, and a mishap with the LRO fleet’s Discovery 3
• Understanding Electrics: our pithy intro to electrical juices and how to keep them flowing
• LRO’s Project 90 rebuild receives interior floor and rear door
• Editor Neil on Mudmaster, and a seized Series starter motor, in Watty’s World
… and loads more!