Splashed over the cover of the May 2021 issue of LRO is one of the most radical and creative modified Defenders we’ve seen in a long time. It’s a V8 90, a work of craftmanship and ingenuity – and it’s bright yellow! Learn how its maker Mike Dowd built it, including how he waterproofed both the V8 and the transmission for off-road driving.
We’ve also got road tests of the latest hybrid Land Rovers, adventures overseas and closer to home, restoration stories, news and product reviews… it's our familiar, time-proven recipe!
• Discovery Sport P300e – new plug-in hybrid is put to the test on our gruelling LRO300 test route
• Expert buying wisdom for your next Series III purchase, with our seven-page buying guide
• First test of the hybrid Velar and Discovery 5 – Neil Watterson sees what they’re made of
• Spectacular adventure through Romania’s Transylvanian mountains
• Club news and events, and upcoming dates for your diary
• Authentic restoration of an ex-AA Series III 88in Land Rover
• Reader Callum Page's story of his long-overdue 1986 Ninety
• Ownership stories from Theo Ford-Sagers and our new contributor Helen Tait Wright
• Columns from writers Jerry Thurston, Sam Watson and Peter Galilee
• Transfer box leaks (we’ve all been there!) – learn how to sort them out
• James Taylor investigates Series I exports to India
• Products put the test in real-world use, in Used & Abused
• How to replace the aircon condenser in a Range Rover L322
• New products – our monthly overview of gear to help you get the most from your Land Rover
• Potted guide to understanding Land Rover suspension and keeping it healthy
• Auto transmission fluid flush – how to keep your Freelander 2 shifting smoothly
• Your questions answered by our team of workshop experts
• Price Guide: up-to-date market analysis showing what every Land Rover is worth
• Editor Neil Watterson writes about the dangers of a soft driveway, and more, in Watty’s World
… and loads more!