This month, John Pearson tests the latest electric Defender conversion from Electric Classic Cars. With 450bhp, it’s aesthetically subtle, but its underpinnings demand respect!
The Spring instalment of the LRO Adventure Trail takes us to Cumbria (in ferocious weather), where we reveal stunning greenlanes and show you where to find them.
And we’ve an eight-page deep-dive into the subject of towing with a Land Rover. What can you tow legally, how should you do it, what do you need, and how well do Land Rover’s electronic towing aids really work?
Also in the Spring 2022 issue of Land Rover Owner magazine…
• 6.5-litre twin-turbo V8 Series IIA monster – Mark Saville investigates
• How to fix Disco 3 dodgy handling with new lower arm joints
• Lockdown Land Rovers – your latest home projects
• Columns from writers Sam Watson, Jerry Thurston, Peter Galilee and workshop editor Martin Domoney
• Your workshop questions answered by our greasy gurus
• How to upgrade a 300Tdi’s turbo
• Driveline joints – what are they, where are they, and how can you look after yours?
• James Taylor unearths 100in coilers for the Swiss Army, and more… in Roverphile
• Your Classics – reader’s battle-hardened 1980 Range Rover Classic regains former glory
• World of Land Rovers – your photos from around the world
• Club events, news, and Land Rover events for your diary, including upcoming adventures in the UK and overseas with the LRO Adventure Club
• Under the skin of the first Wolf 110 restoration on galvanised Richards chassis
• Product reviews, from a trolley jack to Defender rear door gas strut
• Our Land Rovers – Martin’s been rebuilding a classic winch, and Peter’s pre-production Freelander 2 finds a new owner
• Our 90 rebuild project receives some final fixtures and fittings
• New products: Series I V8 radiator, galvanised brake splash shields and more…
• Up-to-date valuations of hundreds of models, in the LRO Price Guide
• Neil reports from the Bowler Challenge Driver Training Day, and an unnerving experience in his Lightweight, in Watty’s World
… and loads more!